Monday, April 27, 2015

Space Wolves... Disassemble!!!

Man, I suck at keeping things secrets! XD Just kidding ofcourse. Today instead of partying like most Dutch people on King's Day, I took time to paint my special project and finished it today! Well... sort of. :P

The fourth Thunderwolf I was talking about yesterday is a big part of the project. Since there are quite some characters that can mount a Thunderwolf I was thinking of a way for one or maybe 2 Thunderwolves have exchangeable riders. I didn't want to buy a bunch of Thunderwolves so that I could mount them with all the possible characters, because they are not cheap and I want to keep my army contained. So after some tinkering, tweaking and painting I finished one of the Thunderwolf options with more to come!





So in the pictures above you are looking at my Wolf Lord on a Thunderwolf carrying the Black Death, one of the relics of the Fang, and a storm shield. The fur cloak and backpack is actually from Kromlech, which is the "Sons of Thor" Fur Cloaks and Backpack. Honestly though I am not a really big fan of the quality of the resin. They had quite some air bubbles in them and the bits were not in really great shape. I'm glad though that one cape fitted on the model and made it possible to let him ride the Thunderwolf. 

In the pictures below you can see how I made my conversion. The rider's legs is glued to the Thunderwolf and has a magnet on top of the legs. Logically the torso also has a magnet underneath to connect it with the rider's leg part. Since the Wolf Lord also has quite some weapon I decided to magnetize the arms as well. The other model you see underneath will become my Iron Priest. I'm still waiting for the servo arm to arrive, but he is also one of the options for the Thunderwolf. I also decided to create a magnetized pair of standing legs so I could put the Wolf Lord or Iron Priest on it and be a footslogging character. 





So yeah that as basically my secret project I am currently working on. It's a lot of fun and I can't wait to try all kinds of options for the Thunderwolf. Hope you enjoyed it as well and see you next time!


1 comment:

  1. Neat idea! It also saves you a fair bit of money. Long live magnetizing!

    ReplyDelete